CAP: Carnival of Atheist Parenting

CAP:  Carnival of Atheist Parenting

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Carnival of Atheist Parenting, Eleventh Edition

atheist, secular parenting, godfree
Many first-generation freethinking parents are seeking in earnest and I am proud to be available and open and willing to offer my support. Not my advice or my expertise or my definition or my label but my support, my friendship, my small community.

Check out the column on the right for a list of freethinking parenting blogs!

There are many parents out there who are new to living a secular life, new to raising children without the traditional ways, sometimes hidden and living in seclusion due to their secular choices, afraid to be open and yet determined to raise their children as skeptics and as happy people. These atheist parents are looking for those few voices out there who can offer them understanding, community, advice, or just a general feeling of being normal.

 

This blog carnival contains blog posts by parents who are raising their children in a secular home, without religion, dogma-free. If you have a parenting blog, won't you consider submitting a post for an upcoming carnival?


If you are here for the first time, I warmly WELCOME you!
Please connect to the RSS feed on the right side of the page 
so that you can be among the first to read the carnival  and so that you don't forget us!

When reading blog posts remember: 
Bloggers love your feedback!
 

If you like what you read, please share!

Angelique from life. expounded: secular family life: the mystical, the mundane, and everything in between blog submitted a wonderful post called Lesson Learned and a great resource post called More Smut We Keep Around the House.  Angelique has been spending her past year thinking and has been focusing on the humanist side of her view and of her life. Her post entitled Lesson Learned and it totally made me laugh! I am convinced that Angelique's son will NOT become a fundamental preacher!  lol In More Smut we Keep Around the House this blogger offers a list of books that, in one form or another, encourage critical thinking, skepticism, and/or religious literacy.
Nearly every freethinking parent that I know is always looking for new titles! You have some titles on there that I have never heard of!
Angelique, THANKS for your excellent submissions. After reading your blog, I'm pretty sure you and I would be great IRL friends.  lol
http://www.wendythomasrussell.com/images/wordmark%20FINAL3.png
I hope Wendy Thomas Russell of Relax, It's Just God, a blog for Secular Parents doesn't mind a quick plug on her blog post Last Call!!!  Wendy's book Relax, It’s Just God: How and Why to Talk to Your Kids About Religion When You’re Not Religious is slated for release Jan. 6, 2015, so keep it on your list for after Christmas stuff to want!
As for my own blog My Own Mind, I am never at a loss as to what to write about atheist parenting. My days are full of wonderful moments with my children, moments that reinforce the natural, dogma-free life that we are living. One small example is this recycled post called Thanks, Hitch where I give a brief insight of a moment that we shared with a lovely family from Brisbane who has a rather surprising world view and how my son handled that. Another recycled post is one that I was asked to write for an online atheist magazine. The post Atheists Talking to Our Kids About Death and Grief is an untidy article that I wrote, but with a good final piece as to what to do if you are floundering in a sad sea of sadness and need some direction for secular grieving.

 



 Thank You for checking out the carnival this month.
I hope you have found something that helped you
on your journey into parenthood.

We are still new SO and I appreciate it when you SHARE!  
 

 The next carnival is due out:  August 30th, 2014

Please send in your blog post submissions by August 30th, 2014

Send the following information to Karen.loethen@gmail.com

Type CAP SUBMISSION or Carnival of Atheist Parenting in the email subject line.
TITLE OF BLOG:
URL OF BLOG:
TITLE OF POST:
URL OF POST:
BRIEF DESCRIPTION of writer or blog:
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POST:

No comments:

Post a Comment